Day 33 – Turn Your Shine On: The final day
“What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today is the final day of the Turn Your Shine On program…
Although on one hand I am a little sad about this as I loved worked with the amazing people on the program, I’ve received fabulous feedback and people really have been taking on the challenges and making significant differences to their lives – Yay for them!! **Happy Dance**
But although on one hand I’m a little sad, I am also super excited to announce that Turn Your Shine On – Your Raw Food Journey to Health and Happiness is now available on Kindle!
In my book there is a link to a secret bonus page that I’m going to share with you – This page includes:
*Delicious and easy to follow menu plans that cover:
- Transitioning to a high raw diet
- A menu plan for weight loss
- A menu plan for vitality
*Really useful Tip Sheets
*21 delicious recipe cards that include:
- Breakfast recipes
- Main meals
- Juices and Smoothies
Day 33 Challenge
- Collect your bonus gifts and enjoy!
- Let me know what you think of the gifts and anything else you would like to see covered in the future
I look forward to working with you again, and until that time Keep Shining!
Day 32 – Turn Your Shine On
“It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
I can’t believe that we only have one more day left of this program – You have covered so much!
From increasing the raw food in your diet, trying new recipes, even possibly new ways of eating, upgrading food choices, right through to thinking about how you want your relationship with food to be and even taking a close look at your kitchen!
By doing these daily challenges you have laid the perfect foundation to create the following:
- Increased feel good factor
- Feelings of refreshment and increased vitality
- A deeper connection to yourself and your true path
- Discovery of how foods can be the foundation for you to connect to your Shine
- Identification and replacement of old eating habits that no longer serve you
- Clearing of physical and emotional toxins
- Clear focus and a deep sense of well being
- Experience of inner harmony
During this program, you have looked at three of the most effective and delicious ways to cleanse and refresh your body and simplify your diet:
- Mono Meals
- Green Smoothies
Moving forward if you wanted to continue to increase your Shine, here are my suggestions to maintain the good work and support you have given your body, mind, heart, and soul during this program:
- Add either of the three options as a meal in your daily diet. A juice or green smoothie for breakfast is a delicious way to start the day.
- Once a month, choose a day to complete one of the three options. Choose a day when you know you can focus on yourself and complete a day on juices, green smoothies or mono meals.
- Regularly make time throughout the year to complete one of the feasts that are included in the Turn Your Shine On book.
Tomorrow in celebration of completing the program with me I have a special gift for you that will make your mouth water… But until then you still have a challenge to complete:
Day 32 Challenge
- Take time to reflect on everything that you have covered with me during this program
- Post your thoughts or biggest a-ha moment in the comments below
Day 31 – Turn Your Shine On
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
Get Ready, Set, Go
We are now in the final days of this program. You have been increasing the amount of raw food in your diet and filling your body with nutritious and satisfying foods.
So as you complete the program I want you to carry on creating your body, and your life, with food as nature intended, food brimming with vitality and Shine.
So today I want you to spend some time thinking about how you want your relationship with food to be.
Dig out the work that you started on day 5 and see if anything has changed.
During day 5 you looked at how you wanted to develop your relationship with food; now I want you to think about the food itself.
Take a large piece of paper and split it into three columns.
Give each title the following titles
- Green Foods
- Amber Foods
- Red Foods
Think in terms of abundance not limits and in the columns write the following:
Green Foods – These all the different types of foods you are going to enjoy eating in abundance every day
Amber Foods – These are all the foods that you will eat occasionally and when your foods on your abundant Green list are not available
Red Foods – These are foods that you will not eat at all
Two foods that should definitely be on your abundant Green list are:
1. Greens – in all varieties
Remember to be realistic.
Your lists may change over time as you change, your situation changes and even your taste buds will change, but make a start with where you are today.
Day 31 Challenge
- Complete your list of Red, Amber, Green foods
- Share your comments below
Day 30 – Turn Your Shine On
“To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.”
Today is the last day of the juice feast or green smoothie feast – or at least focusing on increasing them in your day.
So to go out in style, today I want you to make a juice that will lift your spirits and leave you feeling energised as we start to think about introducing whole foods back into your diet.
Tropical Sunshine Lift
1 red grapefruit
Juicer or citrus press
Peel the fruit, juice and serve
Day 30 Challenge
- Make one final effort to enjoy extra juices or smoothies in your day
- Decide which juice or smoothie you will start your day with tomorrow
- Plan the food you are going to eat to break your feast
- Share your plans and experiences in the comments below
Day 29 – Turn Your Shine On
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.” – Seneca
It’s Time to Bring on the Support
Over the weekend you looked at the importance of making time for yourself so that you can express the magnificence of you – Make sure that you keep it up!
Today I want to look at how you can continue to support yourself as this program enters its final week. Here is a list of activities that I incorporate into my routine to support me:
- Daily skin brushing – this keeps my skin lovely and soft and invigorates my start to the day
- I always start my day with a drink of warm water with lemon
- For breakfast I include a green smoothie
- I always make time to take time out of your day for some rest and relaxation
- I move my body – I love dancing and my rebounder
- I have a regular Epsom salt baths
- I make my own body care recipes to pamper myself – one of my favourite recipes is coconut oil mixed with almond meal (left over after making almond milk) – this makes a wonderful, gentle exfoliant
- I make sure that I follow a detox program several times throughout the year – now available in my book Turn Your Shine On
- I make time to do the things I love such as reading and walking
- I make the time to catch up with friends
Day 29 Challenge
- Pick one activity that you will do to support yourself
- Schedule some time over the next few days to complete your chosen activity
- Post your chosen activity and comments in the comments section below
Day 28 – Turn Your Shine On
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
The Sunday Round Up
It’s that time of the week again… It’s time for the Sunday Round Up
This week we have been adding liquid sunshine to your diet in the form of tasty green smoothies and juices. You have also been taking a closer look at food and making decisions on the types of food that you want to be eating.
So now it’s time for some reflection – Schedule 10 minutes (well at least 10 minutes) for your Sunday Round-Up
Just to remind you the Sunday Round Up is time that I want you to use to reflect on what you have achieved in the previous week and also set your intention for the coming week.
I want you to make the time to actually learn from your experiences, what has worked for you, what hasn’t. What recipes will you be trying again and which will you avoid etc.
If you are unsure where to start, I have some questions to get your writing juices flowing:
- What are you most proud of achieving this week?
- Is there anything you would like to have accomplished/tried but did not?
- What a-ha’s or realisations did you have this week?
- What challenges/obstacles did you experience this week?
- If your best friend experienced these challenges/obstacles what advice would you give them?
- What is your top priority for the coming week?
- What one thing could you do next week to make you proud and Shine with joy?
Day 28 Challenge
- Complete the Sunday Round Up – Don’t be tempted to skip this!
- Post in the comments below any a-ha’s or realisations that you’ve had
Day 27 – Turn Your Shine On
“How you spend your day, is how you spend your life”
Something for the Weekend
The weekend has arrived and I want it to be all about you!
As we go through this program it’s important that you make time for you, to honour what makes you your wonderful and unique self.
You will be amazed at how energising it can be to truly give yourself the gift of time to indulge in the activities that recharge you. The activities that you enjoy doing, the activities that make you feel alive.
When I say the gift of time, I mean that whatever you choose to do, you are present; that means not feeling guilty about putting you first, not thinking you should be elsewhere and not thinking about what you will be doing after you have spent this time with yourself.
What will you do with your hour?
- Perhaps you will read a book
- Put some music on and dance around your house
- Attend that class you’ve been meaning to
- Catch up with friends
- Go for a walk in your favourite place
- Go for a swim and a Jacuzzi
- Have a massage
- Book yourself in for a facial
- Have your favourite treatment
- The list is endless and the choice is completely yours
Day 27 Challenge
- Choose an activity that you are going to do
- Decide when over the weekend you are going to do your activity
- Share your chosen activity and comments below
Day 26 – Turn Your Shine On
Real Food for Real People
Are you consuming food or edible substances?
Did you know that over 1700 new products turn up on our supermarket shelves each year?
Most of these foods will have been created in laboratories rather than grown in the fields.
Engineered rather than created or cooked.
The ingredients will be a perfect blend of flavours and substances designed to keep you coming back for more. Often the label will need a scientist to translate for you and will find it full of ingredients not found in your kitchen cupboards.
Add to this fabulous advertising campaigns and it’s hardly surprising that you are confused with what you should be buying and eating.
Words like ‘Natural’ and ‘Organic’ are banded around, foods are ‘enriched’ with the latest wonder vitamin.
It is easy to allow yourself to become confused.
But we’re not going to be confused any more!
We are going to become savvy shoppers, who can see past the hype, people who care about their heath, their families health and the health of the planet.
Now before you start saying, ‘but Rebecca you just don’t understand I’m so busy’, or ‘It’s just so convenient’ (Convenient for who by the way??)
You need to look at your your mind set
Yes any change can be a bit daunting and can take a while to get used to, but it just needs to become part of your routine.
I want you to replace your; ‘But Rebecca….’ With – ‘It’s just what I do…’
I love my bed and being snuggled under my duvet, especially when the weather outside is bleak. Would I rather have an extra 15 minutes in bed rather than making my juices in the morning? Yes! There’s no denying that some mornings I would.
Some days I would much rather stay snuggled in my duvet, but making my juices in the morning ‘It’s just what I do’. And once I’m out of bed, made my juice and enjoying it, I never regret making myself get up.
You need to create routines and habits that work for you.
Decide what is important to you and take action.
“Ready. Set. Action”
Let’s look at food and how you can make it work for you.
Juices and Smoothies
If you wanted to ensure that you had at least one juice or smoothie a day, here are some tips that you could incorporate into your daily and weekly habits:
- Ensure fresh fruit and vegetables are on your weekly shopping list so that you have lots to choose from
- Make sure your fridge has a stock of frozen bananas and soft fruits for your smoothies
- Keep you kitchen equipment on hand so that it is easy to make your juice or smoothie – you don’t want to be fighting with the back of the cupboard to get your juicer
- Make sure that you have equipment that works, it’s no fun making a juice with an old juicer that is messy, leaks and takes lots of cleaning
- Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual to prepare a juice or smoothie in the morning
- Make more than you need so that you can have some more in your fridge for later in the day. Storing your juice or smoothie in an air-tight container with a couple of cubes of ice in the fridge will help it taste fresh all day
- Make your juices or smoothies the night before and store as above so you can just grab your juice and smoothie in the morning and go
Sweets and Treats
If you know that sweets and ‘treats’ are your thing, here are some tips that you could incorporate:
- Know what your favourite sweet/treat food is and what triggers this need or desire
- Explore alternatives for this desire – can you make a healthier alternative or is it an emotion that you need satisfying?
- Choose to enjoy your favourite food in moderation; perhaps saying you will enjoy this particular food once a week when you are out with friends
- Make sure that your cupboards have sweet or ‘treat’ alternatives in – perhaps this will mean experimenting with new recipes
- Could you make a home-made version of the food that you would buy in? This way you would know exactly what went into it and appreciate it all the more
- If your ‘alternative’ needs dehydrating or making in advance, make sure that you have the right equipment and ingredients on hand. It’s no good fancying say chocolate cheesecake only to find that you have no cacao powder in the house and that you will have to order some – are you really going to wait up to three days for your ingredient to arrive. Obviously it would be better to have cheesecake in your freezer ready for you to enjoy – or at least be prepared so that you could make it if you wanted to
Day 26 Challenge
- Decide what food action or choice you want to take
- What can you do to support this action or choice?
- Share your comments below
Day 25 – Turn Your Shine On
Delicious Green Lemonade (My favourite!)
By now I’m sure you know how I feel about greens -They are fabulous!!
So today I want to share with you my favourite way of sneaking more vibrant greens into your juices – this really will add the sparkle to your diet and the Shine to your life!
2 cups of kale
3 sticks of celery
Put all fresh ingredients through a juicer and serve over ice…
Don’t be put off by the kale, I was for ages, in fact on three different occasions I brought a bag of kale to make a juice with – only for each of them to go off in my fridge… Now I drink this juice on a daily basis – It’s delicious!
The sweetness of the apples and the sharpness of the lemon totally disguises the green taste of the kale and this really does taste like lemonade!!
No excuses now not to get your greens….
Day 25 Challenge
- Add a green juice to your day
- Share your recipe in the comments below
Day 24 – Turn Your Shine On
“The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” – Albert Ellis
Anyone for a KISS? – Keep It Simple Sweetie
For thousands of years people have eaten well and managed to stay healthy without nutritional scientists, health experts and without even knowing what an antioxidant or enzyme was.
However as we have turned and put our faith into technology and handed over our responsibility to the experts we are being presented with foods that no longer look like something you would find at a farmers market and more like something created in a laboratory.
So today to cut through the confusion I want us to look once again at food rules, rules that simply follow common sense, that are easy to follow and have the side effect of making us feel fantastic.
I’m the first person to love technology, but I think I will save the gadgets and factory created inventions for my kitchen and my office equipment, not my dinner plate.
We’ve had some really good ideas come in from the beautiful people with us on this program (Thank you!) and we are well on the way to create our Shining Food Manifesto.
So far we have:
- If it comes from a plant eat it, if it was made in a plant don’t
- Eat food from the Earth and not from a box
- Eat when truly hungry. If you are not hungry enough to grab a piece of food from the Earth…. Are you truly hungry?
- Do the best you can to eat ‘natural’ as much as possible every day but don’t beat yourself up if you slip up one day. Just get back on track
- Start your day as you mean to go on. Choose a raw / health choice for breakfast this will set you up for the day ahead
Today I would also like to add:
- Don’t eat it unless you can picture the ingredients in their natural form – Do you really know what maltodextrin looks like? (in case you were wondering it’s an ingredient from a packet of typical crisps)
- Avoid it if it contains ingredients that you Grandmother wouldn’t recognise
- Think twice about eating foods that contain more than 5 – 6 ingredients. Did you know that whilst one packet of ready salted ‘potato’ crisps contain 3 ingredients, another contains over 10, when you looked at flavoured varieties, the number of ingredients can double
Day 24 Challenge
- Start to look at ingredient labels and become familiar with the items listed
- Think about the food rules that you want to take forward from this program
- Post your comments and food rules below