Day 15 – Turn Your Shine On
“The sky has never been the limit. We are our own limits. It’s then about breaking our personal limits and outgrowing ourselves to live our best lives.”
What’s stopping You?
I want to start this week by getting you to look at what obstacles and challenges are in the way of you claiming the way in which you want to eat.
We’ve looked at some of the external factors and we have started to become more organised, but this week I want you to spend some time taking a closer look at the internal factors. In particular what is it about your diet that emotionally drains you.
I often get asked by my clients what they are doing wrong, why is it that they can’t stay on track, and why do they find themselves binging or going back to their old ways even when they know they feel worse for it.
If you have ever experienced this you are not alone!
“What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I just stick to raw food”
This is a question that I have asked myself many times over the years. So, I asked myself – what’s in the way of my intention to be healthy, vibrant and fit?
I could identify three particular issues:
1. Perfectionism (Expecting myself to be 100% raw and not expect cravings for anything else)
2. Inaction (Waiting for things to feel easy)
3. Making decisions from where I was, not where I wanted to be (More on this later this week.)
Once I identified these, it’s not that I did anything out of the ordinary with one and two – I just observed them.
I did, however, accept that it was OK not to be perfect; no food police were going to turn up at my door if I ate something that wasn’t what I had planned, no flashing lights or sirens were going to go off shouting ‘Failure, cheat or fraud’.
Once I accepted this it was as if the pressure was released and then it became easier for me to take action and move towards how I actually wanted to be eating.
This was the most important lesson:
You being able to be successful with any eating plan that you want has little to do with the outcome itself, and everything to do with the processes you have in place (especially the internal ones)
So, What is it that is standing in the way of you and the way in which you want to eat?
- Maybe it’s a fear of being perceived as different or awkward
- Maybe it’s your negative self-talk
- Maybe it’s guilt for stepping forward and putting you and your health first
- Maybe it’s that you make everyone else’s opinions right and this leaves you wrong
- Maybe you’re reluctant or scared of scared of committing to one path because you’re scared this will limit your options
- Maybe you’re afraid of getting everything that you had hoped for
Day 15 Challenge
- Put aside 10 minutes to contemplate what is standing in the way for you
- Or you can just hold it as a question in your heart as you go through your day, you might be surprised at some of the answers that seemingly just pop into your mind
- Share your thoughts in the comment section below